“My first meeting with Alex Cook, the principal of Arcadian Private Wealth, was in 2001. Another company employed him at that time. Over the months, he stood out as the most competent and client-oriented member of that team. When Alex decided to establish Arcadian my wife and I determined, immediately, to ask him to continue advising us on investment decisions for our multi-million dollar family Self Managed Superannuation Fund. He advice now extends to investments beyond that fund.
Our reasons for using Alex and Arcadian are:
- He listens intently – in our case, to our very specific family investment goals
- He assists in defining the strategic direction to match those goals and in adjusting it progressively as the family needs change
- His approach is to present lots of highly relevant data on prospective investments, both positives and negatives, to recommend his view unequivocally, but, most importantly, to then allow us to make the decisions
- He implements decisions when made with impeccable administration
- Very importantly, Alex has agreed to work for a fixed annual fee, to which we added a performance bonus based on the capital growth and earnings of our fund – rather than on a percentage of our funds – or to depend upon the various percentages paid by the promoters of funds. As a result, we always feel that Alex is working for us.
Alex is an engaging, sincere and warm person who puts a high premium on professional conduct. As with all leaders, he is shaping Arcadian in accord with his personal approach. His company will therefore prosper as will all of those who seek financial planning advice from it.”
- M. Gordon (Former Chief Operating Officer – BIS)
After a couple of unsuccessful attempt to find a financial advisor I could rely on,
I appointed Alex Cook some six years ago. Why? He delivered all the qualities I was looking for – Objectivity, integrity, more conservative than me, younger than me, and above all, someone who I could have proper dialogue with on my financial investments. Like everyone I’ve suffered by the financial crisis, but I could have been in a much worse position with someone who wasn’t as talented as Alex
-John Morse AM
Alex Cook impressed me when he made a very informative speech on superannuation at a service club meeting in 2005. I had heard my fair share of other financial advisors speak and his contribution was head and shoulders above what gone before.
After discussions with Alex, my wife and I switched to Arcadian for financial advice, which has been provided on a fee basis from the outset. As expected, our decision proved to be a very good one. Alex is very client focused. His professional attributes and integrity could serve as benchmarks for his industry.
Alex reads and researches avidly to keep his finger on the pulse of both the local and global investment markets. However, discussions are always in the context of how it all effects our personal situation.
I look forward to our regular investment review meetings from both a professional and personal point of view. He is a warmhearted companion.
- George McLelland OAM, CA
I unreservedly endorse Arcadian Private Wealth for their integrity, technical expertise and thoroughness. Alex Cook, principle of Arcadian Private Wealth, is pro-active, has empathy with our needs and, importantly, provides sound advice.
My wife and I feel secure in the knowledge that Alex is providing the support and backing we seek.
- Mark Gailey, Proprietor – Osher Blue